Wallingford Hockey Club is looking for a Head Coach to lead the training of our Men's 1st and 2nd teams and potentially accompany our Men's 1st team to matches.
We are an England Hockey "big" club, with more than 500 members including 5 Men’s teams, 5 Ladies' teams and a large Junior section.
We are looking for a Head Coach to further enhance our players’ abilities as well as team performance. This position is ideal for an experienced coach looking to lead a large and ambitious club. The coach will work alongside the other coaches in the club to make sure the player pathway is clear and consistent.
- Develop coaching plans for advanced training
- Run training sessions once a week
- Work with the 1st and 2nd team captains and assistant coach to identify training needs and develop training sessions to target these
- Manage and coach the 1st team on match days
- Provide feedback to players in a constructive manner
- Work collaboratively with lower team coaches to develop a consistent club approach to training and playing style Liaise with the other coaches and captains to assist with team selection
- Uphold and commit to the club’s policies on youth development and player selection
- Provide regular feedback to the Club Captain
- EH Coaching qualification - L2 (or equivalent) or higher preferred
- Good technical and tactical knowledge of the game
- Able to motivate and communicate effectively with players
- DBS check
- Safe Guarding certificate
- Must have right to work in the UK
- Experience coaching regional adult hockey
- First aid qualification
Training sessions are once a week with Saturday matches.
Salary: TBD based on qualifications and experience
Location: Wallingford, Oxfordshire